- Centralia Benefit for Matz Building's Linda Hamilton:
The Centralia Downtown Association is organizing an evening benefit for Linda Hamilton, owner of the historic Dr. Matz building in downtown Centralia. This building; location of Linda's business, Centralia Perk and her home, was recently and tragically destroyed by fire. The cost of demolition and removal of the hazardous debris is $90,000 and insurance will cover only $10,000 of those costs. The C.D.A supports and appreciates owner Linda Hamilton's decision to demolish the building completely. However, by doing so, Linda will incur a huge personal cost to help protect the beauty of our downtown.
- The C.D.A. wants to acknowledge Linda's commitment to preserving the historic feel and appearance of our historic downtown and agrees with her decision that this site must be completely cleared, to avoid erosion of it's charm.
- While Linda contemplates her future plans to re-build, she is committed to making the empty space available for downtown events and activities.
- This important fund-raising event will be held at the Aerie Ballroom at 219 South Tower in Centralia on Thursday March 1st beginning at 6pm and will include, food, beverages, live entertainment and a silent auction. There is no charge to attend, but a suggested donation of $10.00 or more will be greatly appreciated. Larger corporate donations may also be eligible for a 75% credit toward the B and O tax liability of any Washington State business. For further information on how to take advantage of this program, please contact Steve Koreis at:
document.write( '' );
document.write( addy_text12435 );
document.write( '<\/a>' );
or 360-508-9935. You may also request this information at the event. Simply look for any C.D.A board member (identified with a name tag.)
- Items are being accepted for the silent auction. They may be delivered to either Hub Bub on North Tower or Santa Lucia Coffee on South Tower during regular business hours Monday through Saturday until 11am, March 1st.
- All contributions are tax deductible. Checks may be made out the The Centralia Downtown Association. There is an account set up at the Centralia Branch of Sterling Savings.
- Aerie Ballroom
- 219 South Tower
EventList powered by schlu.net