- Thurston County Christmas Tree Recycling!
- 01/01/2014 - 01/12/2014
Don't Trash Your Tree, Recycle it for Free! Don't be an environmental grinch, wasteful and mean, recycle your tree for free and keep your holiday clean-up green! There are several free holiday tree recycling options for residents throughout Thurston County this season. Remember to remove all ornaments, lights, tinsel, stands, and nails from trees before recycling. Flocked trees will not be accepted. For more information, contact 360-867-2491 www.co.thurston.wa.us/solidwaste/holidays/holidays-treecollect.htm
Free Holiday Tree Recycling Pick-up:
- Thurston County LeMay compost collection/yard waste customers: Cut your tree into three-foot sections and place them in or near your compost cart on your regular collection day. Call (360) 923-0111 for more information.
- City of Olympia solid waste customers: Customers with regular Thursday or Friday service can have their tree picked up on Saturday, January 4. Customers with regular Tuesday or Wednesday service can have their tree picked up on Saturday, January 11. Place your tree in your regular pick-up spot by 6 a.m. on your collection day. Visit www.olympiawa.gov for more information.
Holiday Tree Recycling Drop-off Locations:
- All Thurston County residents: Take your tree to the county’s Waste and Recovery Center (WARC) at 2420 Hogum Bay Road NE in Lacey through January 12. The WARC is open Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., and open Saturdays and Sundays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Rainier residents: Take your tree to the drop box at 13010 Rainier Acres Road through January 12. The drop box is open Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Rochester residents: Take your tree to the drop box at 16500 Sargent Road from December 28 through January 12. The drop box is open Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tenino residents: Take your tree to 418 S. Wichman Street S. between December 26 and January 15.
- Yelm residents: Take your tree to Yelm City Park anytime between December 26 and January 10.
- Residents near Shelton: Take your tree toBill McTurnal Enterprises at 721 W. Kamilche Lane from December 28 through January 9 during daylight hours.
www.WhereDoITakeMy.org lists locations to take hard-to-recycle things like Styrofoam, as well as where to take items for reuse. You can also go to www.2good2toss.com to buy, sell, swap and trade used items.
- Various Locations
EventList powered by schlu.net